Points of Reference
Basic requirements and what happens in theory
This entry is for reference purposes. Acting as a paraprofessional in addiction recovery and other social services, there are specific regulatory requirements for two positions that I worked in; Behavioral Home Health, and Peer Recovery Specialist. I want to take a moment and list those regulatory requirements and mandates here for reference – we shall be returning to this list regularly. First, PRS services for reporting purposes.
1. Mentor through self-disclosure.
2. Assistance with accessing housing.
3. Assistance with accessing employment.
4. Assistance with accessing advocacy.
5. Assistance with accessing education.
6. Accompany client to appointments.
7. Accompany client to recovery and other support groups.
8. Assist with transition into the recovery community.
Now, the six Federally Required BHH Services.
1. Comprehensive care management.
2. Care coordination.
3. Health and wellness promotion.
4. Comprehensive transitional care.
5. Individual and family support.
6. Referral to community and social services.
We’re going to be presenting a lot of lists.